Head of Operations
SpotQA is looking for a Head of Operations to support our expanding software business across multiple international locations.
We’re on a journey to transform the way the world tests software. We are pioneers in software quality assistance and developing technology to take software test automation to the next level, empowering teams to build-in quality from the start and enabling organisations to break down the barriers on their journey to DevOps and Continuous Delivery.
The ideal Head of Operations will be entrepreneurial by nature, thrive in busy and demanding environment, and enjoy thinking both critically and logically, whilst using your own initiative to get things done!
To excel you’ll combine both strong financial acumen with strong commercial acumen and exceptional communication, leadership and stakeholder management skills. You’ll enjoy being busy in a varied and strategically and operationally demanding role.
However, this role won’t be for everyone. You’ll need strong influencing skills and gravitas to help steer decision making and contribute to executive level discussions. Able to navigate challenging conversations whilst maintaining a cool, level and professional demeanour.
Reporting to the CEO, this needs someone capable of managing multiple competing priorities, a variety of responsibilities and a wide remit.
Shrinking violets need not apply.
To give you an idea of the wide remit and variety, below are some of the key responsibilities:
- Ensuring sales invoices are issued and payments collected.
- Managing payments to suppliers. Managing external accountant (UK and international).
- Processing employee Expenses Claims and Payroll.
- Filing quarterly VAT claims.
- Claiming back R&D Tax Credits.
- Monitoring both CapEx & OpEx costs and ensuring accurate and timely reporting to the board and CEO.
- Assist in setting overall budgets / forecasts.
- Adjust forecasting and budgeting accordingly based on internal / external events
- Working with lawyers to ensure all necessary contracts are in place with employees, contractors, suppliers and customers.
- Create/Adapt legal documentation as when required supported by external lawyers.
- Ensuring the business meets all its regulatory requirements (e.g. Auto-Enrolment, Data Protection), and has necessary insurances in place.
- Adhere to all necessary compliance & regulatory requirements in all locations - DPA, GDPR etc.
- Design, implement and measure effective recruitment and talent retention strategies.
- Define, implement and measure employee compensation and benefits schemes.
- Deal with day to day HR issues, with external support where needed.
- Support Heads of Function in crafting the best talent attraction & retention schemes ensuring we are able to compete effectively with other growing technology businesses for talent.
- Ensuring the team has adequate facilities, equipment and software/hardware policies in place to operate effectively
- Ensuring the business is executing its strategic goals and objectives.
- Establishing systems and processes to monitor and continuously improve operational effectiveness across teams.
This is not an exhaustive list, so if after reading this you still feel this would be a great opportunity, then we’d like to test your mettle!
Skills & Experience we think you’ll need:
- Exceptional communication skills
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Exceptional stakeholder management and ability to influence at C Level
- Experience and understanding of Financial Accounting (cash flow, budgeting, forecasting, VAT filing, Profit & Loss etc)
- Strong Excel skills
- Proven experience of defining and implementing organisation policies and ensuring adoption.
Finance - R&D Tax Credits, VAT filing
HR - Implementation of employee benefits i.e Car/Car Allowances, Device policies, Referral Schemes, Talent Retention Schemes for scaling startups or enterprise organisations.
- We offer flexible working, but ideally would want someone to be based in London and able to come to the office 3 to 4 days per week.
- 25 days annual leave rising by 1 day per year for 5 years.
- Take your birthday as leave every year!
- Your choice of hardware when you join