Senior Front-End Engineer (Full Stack) - Lisbon or Seville - With some remote working
QA & Testing is often seen as an unexciting though necessary aspect of the software development process.
We’re here to change that.
Here at SpotQA we’re working hard to develop exciting new technologies, harnessing the power of machine learning and combining this with extensive domain expertise to enable testing to be performed fully autonomously. Something akin to self-driving cars of the testing world!
We know this is no easy feat, but nothing worth doing ever is. If you’re excited and inspired by the prospect of working with a team of highly educated, expert engineers from around the world to build ground-breaking, and dare we say game-changing, applications to make testing easier, more efficient and autonomous, then we’d like to talk with you.
At SpotQA you’ll have the freedom to make decisions quickly and execute them, to work collaboratively with colleagues in other countries (our product team is based in UK and Portugal, and so advanced written and spoken English is a must), and you’ll be able to apply your degree (or equivalent) in computer science or software engineering to build a robust and scalable enterprise product to allow organisations to test their software faster and more effectively than ever possible before.
You’ll blend your exceptional Front-End engineering skills with your passion for building an intuitive product, writing code and solving problems to support our engineering team in developing a research-lead application.
Engineering at SpotQA is a multifaceted role, so whilst we absolutely insist on top-notch Javscript (ES6+/TypeScript) skills, you should also bring a wealth of experience with building modern intuitive user interfaces, be a leader at heart (self-driven and passionate about taking an active role) and enjoy working in a full-stack engineering capacity.
Bonus points if you are experienced in advanced testing techniques such as mocking/stubbing, have extensive full-stack engineering experience, demonstrate you care about clean code and interfaces, and if you have previous experience with automating browsers (e.g. chrome debugging protocol).
We know that as engineers you’ll have a mix of different skills, technologies and experiences, so instead of a long boring list of ‘skills’ or technologies we want people to have, we thought sharing details of our tech stack would be more interesting to you.
Our Tech Stack:
- Vue / VueX for Frontend and Chrome extension
- Java services (distributed architecture)
- PostgreSQL for relational database
- Consul for discovery
- AWS (ECS, S3, CloudFront, ALB, Lambda, etc.)
- Prometheus for metric monitoring
- ELK for logging
- Terraform for infrastructure management
- Github for source control
- CircleCI for CI / CD
- Your favourite technology that can help solve challenges
What else is in it for you?
- The opportunity to bring your own ideas to reality (we love new solutions and ideas!).
- Team retreats every 6 months... somewhere nice because you’ve earned it!
- Full Jetbrains pack license (IntelliJ et al).
- Private health insurance.
- Take your birthday as holiday every year!
- Sabbatical opportunities.
- Flexible and remote work options, although this is not 100% remote. Some regular travel to Sheffield/Lisbon (depending on whether you are based in UK or Portugal) is expected so please consider this when applying.
- A new laptop and/or use your own equipment.